who we are?
RAJAGIRI outREACH (Rajagiri Educational Alternatives and Community Health) Service Society, the professional service wing of Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous), Kalamassery, Ernakulam, Kerala, India was founded in 1982 and registered in 2002. Since its inception, the organisation has intended to extend professional service for the comprehensive and integrated development of individuals and communities. Considering this as the goal, Rajagiri outREACH has been working with various spheres of the community, such as child and youth development, women empowerment, elderly care, community health, Social Impact Assessment (SIA) studies, Natural and Resource management, environmental protection, Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR), Research and training, Student Internship programmes, substance abuse prevention, etc. Rajagiri outREACH is accredited and supported bycentral and state government and also associated with various state, national, and international organisations, corporates, foundations, institutions and individuals in implementing various projects across Kerala. Rajagiri outREACH holds FCRA registration (No.052850501) and Exemption under 80G (5) (vi) of the IT Act (CIT/ CHN/ 12A/ Tech-11/2002-03), GST etc. Rajagiri outREACH is Accredited/Supported by and affiliated to and associated with various State, National and International organizations. Rajagiri outREACH is an NGO empaneled by the Social Justice Department, Suchithwa Mission- Government of Kerala, Revenue Department for conducting Social Impact Assessment Studies, Kerala State AIDS Control Society (KSACS), Haritha Keralam Mission and Kerala Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (K.R.W.S. A), Department of Women and Child Development Govt. of Kerala, National Institute of Social Defence, Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment Govt. of India.
- To organize developmental projects in the area of community development, education, health, sanitation etc., and implement rural development programmes in various villages in India for the development of marginalized sections of the society.
- To create awareness among people in the area of gender justice and empowerment of women and other weaker sections of the society through various awareness generation and action-oriented programmes.
- To undertake experiments and research in the area of social work, and identify alternative & sustainable development models using appropriate technologies.
- To organize training programmes & Livelihood Support for Women Entrepreneurship development for poverty alleviation and employment generation.
- To conduct Social Impact Assessment Studies, Need Assessment Studies and Impact Assessment Studies.
- To support the educational needs of children from poor socio-economic backgrounds through Child Education Sponsorship Programme.
- To implement the CSR activities of various Corporates.
- To integrate the elderly with the community by providing non-institution and community-based services (CBS).
- To create awareness among Migrant Labourers about the prevention of HIV/AIDS/STDS through medical camps and related activities.
- To provide opportunities for the students to do Internships in the organization and to get expertise in various fields of social work.
- To organize training for various groups in schools, colleges and communities.
- To spread awareness on disaster preparedness, COVID-19 and post-flood relief activities and provide psychosocial support and rehabilitation for those who are in need.
- To provide psycho-social support for children in conflict with law.
- To ensure the holistic development of children through psycho-social support, children group meetings, camps and trainings on Life Skill, career guidance etc.
- To spread awareness on the prevention of Substance Abuse in community settings and also to rehabilitate drug users.
- To provide consultancy in Waste Management.
Meet Our team
Dr Fr. Jose Kuriedath CMI- Director- RCSS, Secretary- Rajagiri outREACH
Rev. Dr. Fr. Jose Kuriedeth CMI, is the Director of Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous), Kalamassery and the Secretary of Rajagiri outREACH. He was a Professor of Sociology at Sacred Heart College, Thevara, from 1980 to 2000, and retired as the Principal of the college. He has a doctoral degree in Sociology, and did post-doctoral research in Sociology at the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, from 1990 to 1992. He was a visiting fellow at Fordham University, New York, in 1992. After retirement, he served as the Pastor of Holy Cross Parish, Toronto, for more than seven years. From 2008 to 2014 he was the General Councillor for Education and Communication Media in the CMI Congregation. From 2014, he served as the Prior of S. H. Monastery and the Manager of Sacred Heart College (Autonomous) and other educational institutions of the congregation in Thevara, Kochi. He has presented papers at several national and international conferences and has published seven books and many scientific articles on the Sociology of Religion.
Dr Fr. Saju Madavanakadu CMI- Associate Director- RCSS
Rev. Dr. Fr. Saju M.D.CMI, is the Associate Director and Vice Principal, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous), Kalamassery, Kerala and Mental Health Professional and Vice President of Rajagiri outREACH.Rev. Dr. Fr. Saju M.D. CMI, is a post graduate in Social Work (specialization in Medical and Psychiatric Social Work) from Loyola College (Autonomous) Chennai and M. Phil in Social Work from University of Madras, his PhD is in the area of Child Development and is currently pursuing his post-doctoral program in York University, UK. He is a partner in International Centre for Mental Health Social Research (ICMHSR), York University, UK and was a visiting International Scholar to Western Washington, Columbus University, Western Michigan University, Nazareth University and University of Maryland, USA. He is an international faculty in the University of Applied Sciences, Western Switzerland and Vives University, Belgium and has received the UK India Education and Research Initiative award (UKIERI) from British Council, UK, for a period of three years (2017 – 2020). He has been awarded Research Fellowships by Melbourne University, Australia for one-year research (2017 – 2018).
Dr Binoy Joseph- Principal-RCSS, Chief Executive Officer- RCSS
Dr. Binoy Joseph is the Principal of Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery and CEO of Rajagiri outREACH, with a Doctoral Degree in Management, Masters in Personnel Management & Industrial Relations and a Degree in Law with Labour Laws as specialization. His expertise is in the areas of Employee Resourcing Performance Management, Reward Management and HR Accounting and Auditing and his research interest is in HRM Innovations. He regularly conducts Management Development Programmes for clients, both in India and abroad and conducts training programmes on CSR. He has been a Visiting International Scholar at Western Michigan University, USA and has received the prestigious AUDI Professorship 2013 Fellowship. iv. Rev. Fr. Shinto Joseph CMI- Assistant Director, RCSS
Rev. Dr. Fr. Shinto Joseph CMI
He is the Assistant Director of Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous), Kalamassery and Live Lab Coordinator of Rajagiri outREACH. Fr. Shinto, has completed his post-graduation in social work with specialization in medical and psychiatric social work from Loyola College (Autonomous) Chennai, and he holds MPhil in Social Work from Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery. He has attained his doctoral degree from Christ College (Deemed to be University), Bangalore in the area of psycho-social well-being of adolescents: a social group work intervention. He has two years of pastoral work experience in the Archdiocese of Toronto, Canada. He has been a visiting scholar at Vives University, Belgium, Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany, Lille University, France, Nazareth College, USA and University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA. He has more than ten years of experience in professional social work, academics and administration.
Rev. Fr. Francis Sebastian CMI- Assistant Professor
An engineering graduate with an MBA, he completed FDP from IIM-A, and ESP from Catholic University Lille, France and completed his doctoral research in Neuromarketing. With more than twenty years of experience in value-based marketing and youth ministry, he has been a visiting international scholar at
Padua Italy; Vives University, Belgium; Catholic University of EichstättIngolstadt, Germany; Western Michigan University, USA; Nazareth College, Maryland, USA; and Pontifical Catholic University, Quito, Ecuador.
Meena Kuruvilla, Project Director(Core team)
Mrs Meena Kuruvilla is the Project Director of Rajagiri outREACH, the flagship live lab in the campus and prior to it has served as a member of the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) during the period 2014-2017. Meena has a Master’s Degree in Social Work from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and graduated from Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery. She has held positions in committees of various international and national institutions and has conducted over 22 Mrs Meena Kuruvilla is the Project Director of Rajagiri outREACH, the flagship live lab in the campus and prior to it has served as a member of the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) during the period 2014-2017. Meena has a Master’s Degree in Social Work from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and graduated from Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery. She has held positions in committees of various international and national institutions and has conducted over 22
Meena Kuruvilla, Project Director(Core team)
- Maria Tency, Sr. Donor Service Officer
- Ramdas P D, Sr. Coordinator (Systems)
- Ranjith K U, Sr. Development Officer- Natural Resource Manager
- George V A- Sr. Coordinator
- Ligi V E- Sr. Development Officer
- Philomina K A- Sr. Administrative Assistant
- Biju C P- Coordinator, Social Impact Assessment Studies
- Elizabeth Penelope Lobo- Sr. Coordinator Administration
- Vinayan V S- Research Officer
- Varghese K O- Training Assistant
- Indira V V- Administrative Assistant